Dream Center Daytona/Calvary Christian Center
1687 W Granada Blvd.
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Phone: (386) 672-5571
Jewish Federation’s Jerry Doliner Food Bank
470 Andalusia Avenue
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Phone: (386) 672-0294
Monday and Friday from 1 pm – 3 pm. *You must make an appointment 3 days in advance.
Council on Aging
420 Fentress Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Sites that serve as neighborhood dining sites will either distribute prepared meals to clients who are able to pick them up, while those clients unable to pick up their meals will be temporarily switched to COA’s Meals on Wheels program for home delivery.
Straight Talk Customers: Phone Service
To increase your data plan to 35GB through May 29, 2020.
Text COVID to 611611
Facebook Groups to build Community Support
Click to Join 🙂
City of Daytona Beach
Executive Order closing community pools, Bingo Halls, Card Rooms and Community Meeting Facilities (Excluding House of Worship) as well as all group sporting practice and exercise venues involving close physical contact. This is regardless of whether such facilities are on Public or Private Property. Curfew 10:00 PM-5:00 AM
Florida Department of Children and Families: Economic Self Sufficiency Program
- Food Assistance, Medicaid and cash assistance application and receive information click here.
- MYACCESS account allows for: Benefit application, checking status of applications, report changes, receive information, and uploading documents.
- Free meals for children under 18 when school is out: Text Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at FLKIDSMEALS to 211-211 to find the closes participating location or click here for more information.
- Florida KidCare includes: free subsidized and full pay options for health and dental insurance for Florida Children ages 0-18. Medicaid, Medikids, Children’s Medical Services and Florida HealthyKids. For more information visit FloridaKidCare website.
- Office of Homelessness contracts with local entities that provide emergency, transitional and permanent housing and supportive services. Please click here for more information.
- Information regarding elder service activities: Food and nutrition health and wellness, housing, legal services, long-term or home care and other supportive services. Please call Department of Elder Affairs Elder Helpline: 1-800-963-5337 or Volusia County Services: 888-242-4464
Reducing hours of operation Alert Effective, Tuesday, March 31, SunRail will run a modified schedule. Station equipment & trains are disinfected & sanitized throughout the day. View schedule https://sunrail.com/modified-schedule/
AT&T – is offering a variety of measures to help Floridians get through this difficult time. Small businesses, consumers and enterprises will benefit in many ways, while educators and students will also be able to use AT&T resources. Low-income individuals, first-responders and healthcare workers will be provided with considerable support from AT&T, as well as AT&T employees, who will receive extended leave time.
Food Assistance Programs
What is it?
The Food Assistance Program helps people with low income buy food they need for good health. Refer to this USDA brochure for an explanation about how food assistance benefits can help a family eat better.
Who can apply?
- An individual must be a resident of Florida to receive food assistance benefits in Florida. An individual must either be a U.S. citizen or meet specific qualified noncitizen criteria. Noncitizens are not eligible for food assistance benefits.
- Individuals, including children, applying for food assistance benefits, must either provide a social security number, or proof they have applied for a social security number.
- Parents or relatives applying for food assistance benefits for dependent children, who have absent parent(s), must cooperate with the states Child Support Enforcement office to establish paternity and obtain child support for the children.
For more information on SNAP Program and regular updates please visit: https://myflfamilies.com/covid19/access.shtml or for helpful resources please visit: https://myflfamilies.com/covid19/access-resources.shtml
Online and Virtual Meetings
Some meetings have been moved to a free phone conference call. All Nar-Anon members or new members welcome!
For more information visit, http://www.healthystartfv.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Nar-Anon-Meetings.pdf
Token Shop is hosting Virtual Meetings and Speaker Archives for all individuals who want to join!
For more information visit, http://www.healthystartfv.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Token-shop.pdf
Alcoholics Anonymous Online Group Meetings available at link below!
ID: 939 012 553
Department of Economic Opportunity
Application for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, SNAP
YMCA – Deland, Ormond, Port Orange and Edgewater
Childcare for those who have to work. $85 per week
Creative Academy of the Performing Arts – Bunnell
Accepting new children
Early Learning Coalition of Flagler-Volusia
Assisting to find daycare for those who need temporary assistance
Email – DJ Lebo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pam Mitchell (email@example.com)
Visitation at State Mental Health Treatment Facilities
The visitation to the state mental health treatment facilities has been restricted effective immediately until April 15th, 2020.
- The reason for visitation has been restricted to family members, friends and visiting residents in end of life situations.
- Hospice care workers for resident’s end of life situations. Any individuals providing necessary health care to a resident.
- Facility staff and residents.
- Attorneys of Record for a resident in an Adult Mental Health and Treatment Facility for court related matter if virtual/telephonic means are unavailable
- Encouragement of phone, video conferencing or mail to maintain contact with their loved ones in encouraged.
Private businesses assisting Floridians
Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce has activated a COVID-19 resources page.
The resources page includes links to local, state and federal partners and government agencies to give you information regarding your business!
Share your Business Damage!
The State wants to hear from small business owners by taking a quick survey to help explain what resources are needed.
Bridge Loan Program
- Applications will be accepted by qualified for-profit, privately held small businesses that maintain a place of business in the state of Florida. All qualified applicants must have been established prior to March 9, 2020, and suffered economic injury as a result of the designated disaster. Qualified small business applicants must be an employer business with 2 to 100 employees.
- Only one loan may be made per eligible business. All previous bridge loans received MUST be paid in full.
- Loans will be interest-free for the loan term (1 year).
For more information, visit: https://floridadisasterloan.org
Hispanic Health Initiatives’ Outreach Services
“Taking Care of My Health/Cuidando Mi Salud” Health Risk Assessment program is being suspended for outreach events until further notice.
Volusia County 2020 Summer Camp Information
- Summer Camp Applications will be accepted online, https://vcservices.vcgov.org/secureupload/d/summercamp
- Summer Camp Scholarship are for June 8th through July 31st, 2020.
- Summer camp scholarships are awarded based on a income-eligibility and distributed through funding available.
Monday March 23, 2020 ALL Volusia County Veterans Service offices will be available by APPOINTMENT ONLY until further notice.
Volusia County Branch Jail and Correctional Facility
The Volusia County Division of Corrections has suspended all onsite visitation at the Volusia County Branch Jail and Correctional Facility until further notice.
For the most up-to-date information about the COVID-19, you can visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov or the Florida Department of Health at www.floridahealth.gov. Additionally, 211 is available 24/7 to help you find resources.