Coordinated Intake & Referral (CI&R) Specialist
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, Inc.
Daytona Beach, Florida
$11.50 – $12.75 an hour
Full time, M-F, 8-5
Applications accepted via Indeed (link), CareerSource Flagler/Volusia, and Employ Florida.
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, Inc. is a non-profit organization striving to unite people and resources at the local level to meet the needs of pregnant women, infants, young children and their families.
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, Inc. is seeking a Coordinated Intake & Referral (CI&R) Specialist who will contact pregnant women, interconception women and families of children under the age of three to assess risk factors that may lead to poor pregnancy outcomes and/or poor developmental outcomes.
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Accrual of 4.0 hours of sick time per pay period
- Accrual of 4.0 hours of vacation time per pay period
- 100% agency-paid health insurance
- Agency-paid Life Insurance
- Additional insurance benefits available for purchase
- Attempt to engage potential clients in the Coordinated Intake & Referral system of care.
- Verify completion of a risk screen or referral.
- Conduct Initial Intakes, including attempts to contact, to assess clients’ service needs. Travel to attempt to contact clients in the service area of Volusia and Flagler Counties as assigned.
- Link and refer clients to appropriate services and community resources based on the identified service needs and risks.
- Provide relevant information to clients about breastfeeding, health care options, parenting education, preventative health education, and child development.
- Ensure that all required documentation is typed and submitted in a timely manner into the Well Family System.
Skills & Requirements:
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word and typing
- Beginner proficiency in MS Excel and Outlook
Education: Minimum of two (2) years of college; Undergraduate Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work or health-related field such as nursing, health education, health planning, or health care administration preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ of public health/maternal-child health experience (with 2 years of college).
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse and minimum of three (3) years’ public health/maternal-child health experience (with Associate’s Degree).
- Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse with a minimum of four (4) years’ of public health/maternal-child health experience (with Associate’s Degree).