Join our Parent Community Café
We are focusing on creating concrete support, social connections, resilience, knowledge of parenting and child development, social and emotional competencies and nurturing and attachment. Click on the Facebook logo to bring you to our page!
What is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus.
How does COVID-19 spread?
The virus is thought to spread between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It is also possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
What are the signs and symptoms of COVID-19?
Individuals who are infected with COVID-19 have had a range of severity, from mild to severe respiratory illness symptoms of:
3 months or younger: 100.4 F (38 C)
3 months to 24 months: 102 F (38.9 C)
2 years to 3 years: 102.5 F (39.2 C)
3 years or older: 103 F
- Shortness of breath
How do you protect yourself from COVID-19?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water not available
- Launder items, including washable plush toys, by following the label or instructions.
What to do if YOU are sick?
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or tissue and throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently toughed objects/surfaces
What to do if you have travelled from an area with the spread of COVID-19?
- Possible restrictions of your movement for up to 2 weeks may be necessary.
- If you develop or have developed symptoms during your travel (fever, cough, trouble breathing) seek medical advice.
- Call your healthcare office provider before you go and tell them that you have travelled along with your symptoms.
- Avoid contact with people.
- Do not go out in public and delay all future travel to reduce the possibility of spreading illness to others.
Is there a vaccine for COVID-19?
There is no current vaccine to protect against COVID-19.
Is there treatment for COVID-19?
There is no specific antiviral treatment for COVID-19. It is advised to seek medical care to help relieve symptoms.
For more information about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 visit: www.cdc.gov/COVID19