Is the strain of COVID-19 feeling a little too much? Listen to this video on staying Mental Healthy.
It is OK to take care of yourself during times like these!! Please listen to this podcast to Take Care Of Your Mental Health During COVID-19!
FREE mental health support during COVID-19
When life gets too complicated, the best thing you can do for yourself is to take a step back and view the situation objectively.
- Yes, the Coronavirus is spreading around.
- But the situation is beyond your control.
- Still, you can take safety measures which are simple yet effective can be tackled at a personal level.
- Not to forget, the whole world is working together to combat this issue so you are not alone.
Here are some tips to help stay calm through a crisis:
- One should always look at the brighter sides of things.
- Sit and enjoy a cup of tea, coffee or juice on your porch, your favorite chair or a calm, soothing place.
- Slow down. If possible, don’t react immediately. Instead, be patient and collect as much information as possible.
- Stay positive. When stressful situations occur, your mind may go in a thousand directions and some of your thoughts may be negative. Let go of negative thoughts and refocus your mind on something positive, no matter how small.
- Take care of your body. Exercise lowers the level of stress hormones and helps the body function at its highest level. By improving your health, you’ll increase your self-control, memory and emotional intelligence — important characteristics that will help you respond well to an emergency.
- Call a trusted friend or mentor. Use your support system and don’t be afraid to ask for advice with a stressful situation.
- Disconnect. Pull away from the situation for a while, even if only for an hour or two.
- Develop a coping strategy. To better cope, develop a ritual you enjoy. Perhaps you’ll choose to meditate, exercise or read in the mornings.