City of Daytona Beach
Executive Order closing community pools, Bingo Halls, Card Rooms and Community Meeting Facilities (Excluding House of Worship) as well as all group sporting practice and exercise venues involving close physical contact. This is regardless of whether such facilities are on Public or Private Property. Curfew 10:00 PM-5:00 AM
City of Ormond Beach
All City owned Playgrounds, Nova Recreational Center (all areas) and Fortunato Park will remained closed until further notice
City of DeBary
Closed its playgrounds and cancelled or postponed activities. The parks have remained open.
Department of Children and Families
The Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) temporarily closed all storefronts and lobbies to safeguard the public and employees from the spread of COVID-19. The department continues to use technology to ensure continuity of service.
To apply for food assistance (SNAP), cash assistance (TANF) or Medicaid, individuals should go to https://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/.
Clients logging in to the ACCESS Self-Service Portal should go to https://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/.
Customers are required to complete an interview to receive benefits. Customers should call 850-300-4323 (TTY 1-800-955-8771) to complete an interview telephonically.
Customers can order an EBT card, get information about EBT transactions, or report an EBT card as lost or stolen at https://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/ or by calling 1-888-356-3281.
Expanded Out-of-State Telehealth Providers Licensure Exception
The out-of-state telehealth provider licensure waiver, originally issued on March 16, 2020, is expanded to include licensed clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors, and psychologists (under the prior waiver, only out-of-state medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners were exempted).
Extended Deadline for HIV/AIDS Patient Care Programs
Individuals who receive services through HIV/AIDS Patient Care Programs have an extended deadline—until May 31, 2020—to apply for eligibility recertification.
Emergency Providers in Acute Care Settings
Florida licensed or certified emergency medical technicians or paramedics may provide basic or advanced life support in an acute care setting at Florida hospitals licensed under Chapter 395, Florida Statutes.
Reducing hours of operation Alert Effective, Tuesday, March 31, SunRail will run a modified schedule. Station equipment & trains are disinfected & sanitized throughout the day. View schedule https://sunrail.com/modified-schedule/
All public and private K-12, and career and technical center campuses are closed through April 15, 2020.
- Collier, Duval, Sumter and Union county school districts are closed through April 15, 2020 but they will begin instruction virtually on March 23, 2020.
Governor DeSantis also provided more flexibility to local school districts so they can install and establish additional remote learning opportunities for students, including the ability to purchase devices and internet services.
- Schools are encouraged to operate virtually or through other non-classroom-based means to the greatest extent possible to implement distance learning.
- School districts should be prepared to extend their educational calendars through June 30, 2020, to the extent feasible and necessary.
- To support students with identified IEP-related services who may have a disruption in services, school districts are given flexibility for the remainder of the school year to provide alternative services or delay services until later in the summer months, in coordination with a student’s parents and IEP team.
Assessments, Accountability and Promotion
- All remaining assessments for school readiness, voluntary prekindergarten and K-12 assessments are cancelled for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Requirements for graduation and promotion, and final course grades will be evaluated as though those assessments which were cancelled did not exist.
- K-12 school grades will not be calculated for 2019-2020 and schools in turnaround may continue their current status for 2020-2021 to avoid disruption to school leadership and operations.
- Eligibility for Florida Bright Futures scholarships shall be based on available data and results. Tests that were not available to be taken shall not be counted.
District School Board and State College Board of Trustees Meetings
- All district school boards and state college board of trustee’s meetings through June 30, 2020, are postponed and may only be scheduled for emergency purposes only by the respective school district superintendent or college president.
School Readiness and Voluntary Prekindergarten Programs
- Commissioner Corcoran strongly recommend school readiness and voluntary prekindergarten programs adhere to the CDC’s guidance for higher-risk populations by limiting students and employees to no more than 10 people convening in a single occupied space.
Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services Offices
- All services provided by the divisions of Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services to clients shall be provided solely through virtual and telephonic methods to the extent possible.
All public state colleges, and private college and campuses and buildings are closed for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Colleges are encouraged to operate virtually or through other non-classroom-based means to the greatest extent possible.
Governor DeSantis reminded Floridians that if their employment has been negatively impacted because of mitigation efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, these Floridians may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance.
Individuals who are eligible for Reemployment Assistance may include:
- Those who are quarantined by a medical professional or a government agency,
- Those who are laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period by their employer due to COVID-19 concerns
- Those who are caring for an immediate family member who is diagnosed with COVID-19
Governor DeSantis and the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) encourage any Floridian whose employment has been negatively impacted as a result of COVID-19 to visit Floridajobs.org and click on the Reemployment Assistance Service Center to learn more about the program and to watch a short video on how to apply.
For Cancellations and Closures in Volusia County pleas visit, https://www.volusia.org/services/public-protection/emergency-management/pin/coronavirus/cancellations-and-closures.stml