You Are Eligible!
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation services to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 2-1-1 or 386-253-0564.
To file your own tax return for free, visit www.myfreetaxes.com.
What to Bring:
- Original, signed Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse, and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and your dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B, or C, Affordable Health Care Statements. Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign required forms