With recent hurricanes devastating the south and ongoing wildfires in the west, preparing for the unexpected can make the difference between just surviving or thriving in the face of disaster.
Resources for health professionals and families:
- CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention): Emergency Preparedness and Response: Pregnant Women and Newborns: Resources for professionals including a free emergency preparedness training course.
- CDC: Information for Pregnant Women: Disaster preparation, as well as what to do during and just after a disaster.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Infant Feeding in Disasters and Emergencies: Key strategies, options, and where to find support for feeding during a disaster.
- American Academy of Pediatrics : Children & Disasters: A wide variety of information on children and disasters.
- FEMA: Children & Disasters: Family preparedness resources.
We appreciate everything you do for families during such challenging and stressful situations. Our thoughts and hearts are with all of you affected by these disasters. Please stay safe!
The InJoy Team