Staff Accountant – Path to Finance Manager
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, Inc.
Daytona Beach, Florida
$13.50 – $17.50 an hour
Full time, M-F, 8-5
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, Inc. is a non-profit organization striving to unite people and resources at the local level to meet the needs of pregnant women, infants, young children and their families.
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, Inc. is seeking a Staff Accountant who will work directly with the Finance Manager and Director of Finance & Operations to support the accounting functions of our fast growing agency.
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Accrual of 4.0 hours of sick time per pay period
- Accrual of 4.0 hours of vacation time per pay period
- 100% agency-paid health insurance
- Agency-paid Life Insurance
- Additional insurance benefits available for purchase
- Record and manage all A/P and A/R.
- Balance and reconcile multiple accounts.
- Compile financial data for internal and external reports.
- Manage inventory of capital and information technology equipment.
- Prepare documents for audits.
- Prepare source documents for budget development.
Skills & Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, QuickBooks, and 10 Key Pad Entry
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Access, and typing
Education: Minimum of High School Diploma/GED; Undergraduate Degree in business, accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year accounting/bookkeeping experience (with Undergraduate Degree).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience (with Associate’s Degree).
- Minimum of three (3) years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience (with High School Diploma/GED).
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working with QuickBooks.