|TITLE:||Executive Assistant||SALARY RANGE:||$30,000.00 – $45,000.00|
|REPORTS TO:||Executive Director||HIRING RANGE:||$30,000.00 – $35,000.00|
|TYPE:||Full Time, Salaried||STATUS:||Exempt Non-Exempt|
This position acts as liaison for and represents the Executive Director in a highly professional manner with minimal direction and plays an integral role in coordinating and maintaining effective executive operations. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Executive Director including calendar management, scheduling and coordinating meetings and events, making travel arrangements, designing/maintaining filing systems.
- Anticipate Executive Director’s needs and proactively provide administrative and logistical support.
- Serve as a liaison between Executive Director and Board of Directors, funding entities, state legislature, community partners, other executives, staff, etc.
- Manage Executive Director’s robust calendar, schedule and coordinate meetings and events, make travel arrangements, and compose professional correspondence.
- Screen and prioritize Executive Director’s mail, email, voicemail and appointments using expert judgment and knowledge.
- Coordinate and staff all Board of Director and committee meetings to include scheduling, noticing, developing agendas, taking minutes, and maintaining all related correspondence, databases and files.
- Coordinate and manage agency volunteers and interns.
- Coordinate and assist with marketing initiatives including website maintenance.
- Research information and prepare data, reports and presentations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Provide backup support for the Administrative Assistant.
- Travel to local meetings and events.
- Maintain required corporate reports and business licenses.
- Develop administrative policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Please note this position description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES/SKILLS AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years executive-level administrative support experience required.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and office management systems and procedures.
- Trustworthy; demonstrates a high level of integrity; maintains confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Thorough and results-oriented.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to reprioritize as necessary; ability to maintain focus under stress.
- Effectively prioritizes and manages multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced typing proficiency
- Proficiency in Social Media
- Proficiency in utilizing web-based data systems and applications
- Proficiency in coordinating video and audio conference calls
Level 2: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Level 4: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and public.
Level 4: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Licenses and/or Certifications
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with a safe driving record and current private auto insurance policy
- Ability to pass a level II Background Screening and Drug Screening
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds
- Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
If you have a disability or other condition that would require you to need a reasonable accommodation under the ADA to complete the essential functions of this position, please notify the Human Resources Manager to complete the accommodation request process.